1 lb baby potatoes or regular potatoes chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp jeera (cumin seed)
1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
2 tsp till (sesame seeds)
1 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
2 tsp laal mirchi powder (red pepper powder)
2 tsp dhania powder (coriander powder
1 tsp amchur powder (raw mango powder)
Freshly squeezed lemon
Salt to taste
Freshly chopped dhania leaves/cilantro
- Pressure cook baby potatoes up to 1 whistle. Potatoes just need to be cooked and should maintain it's shape. If you do not have baby potatoes, boil and cube regular potatoes.
- Heat oil is a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, sesame seeds. turmeric powder, red pepper powder, coriander powder. Fry spices for a minute. Add boiled and peeled baby potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes well such that the spices get coated around well.
- Add salt and amchur powder. Toss well. You could also add some chaat masala.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5-7 mins. on medium heat.
- Squeeze fresh lemon and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot!
Suggestion: if you over boiled the potatoes and they are difficult to maintain the shape, do not worry. deep fry the potatoes in hot oil first to make it crisp.
After a long time, made these spicy potatoes as a side with parathas and dum aloo. I kept the skin intact, which gave a nice crisp texture as these were pan fried with spices. I garnished these with onions and pan fried green chillies. I sprinkled some tangy chaat masala and squeezed some lime juice. Yum Yum. Shu and I enjoyed these a lot!!
Make some today, & Enjoy Chatpate Aloo!!