Shital's-Kitchen: Carrot Noodle Salad

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Carrot Noodle Salad

You know how much I love noodles, but this dish is a noodle-less noodle salad! Wondering?? While shopping online for a pasta machine, I found a spiral cutter for veggies. This did look exciting on internet, and surely I had to order one and try it.

The Spiral Cutter represents an hourglass shaped sharpener. It was very easy to use, just like sharpening a pencil :) which would produce spirally cut long veggie noodles. I am now going to try out other veggies too. This was just a trial, but then I made one of my favorite and quick, Indian carrot salad that I have had once at my friends house.




You could use grated carrots, finely chopped or spiral cut ones.

Add some salt and squeeze some lime juice.


Dry roast some peanuts. When cooled, rub between your palms to get rid of the skin, and roughly grind them in a chopper.




For the salad dressing, use the traditional Indian tempering method.
Heat 1 tsp. oil. Add 1 tsp mustard seeds, chopped green chillies and 4-5 curry leaves. When they all crackle, pour over the carrots.







Add crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro. Toss the carrots well and serve.





Couldn't wait to taste the lime and peanut dressing.

Delicious, quick, healthy, meal by itself! Love it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment