This spicy salsa is adapted from www.mexicoinmykitchen.com. Mely Martinez, the blogger of Mexico In My Kitchen is a teacher in the US who moved from Mexico few years back. I can totally relate to her passion for food and her culture. While looking for spicy ideas of salsa on Pinterest, I came across this recipe. This is a spicy salsa or in India we would call this garlic chutney. Similar flavor and perfect for my Indian palate!
Sunrise Mocktail made by a friend!
A beautiful handmade hostess gift I received!
Ingredients to make Red Chile Salsa
5-6 dry red chilies (I used guajillo chile and dried kashmiri mirch combination)
4-5 cloves garlic
Salt to taste
1 cup water
- Roast dry red chilies on a hot griddle till it is warm.
- Put in a container with 1 cup hot water.
- Add pealed garlic cloves to the hot chili water. Soak it in hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- Grind soaking chilies and garlic together with the soaking water and salt.
- Add more water is needed.
- Serve with Mexican meal! Add to enchilada sauce for added spice or as a side with quesadillas.
Here is stp-by-step pictorial recipe:
Roast dry red chillies on a hot griddle till it is warm.
Put in a container with 1 cup hot water.
Add pealed garlic cloves to the hot chilli water. Soak it in hot water for atleast 30 minutes.
Grind soaking chilies and garlic together with the soaking water and salt.
Add more water is needed.
Serve with Mexican meal!
Thanks for stopping by! I love to read comments, but comments with advertisements or external blog links will not be published!