Shital's-Kitchen: Loquat & Mint Cooler

Monday, May 1, 2017

Loquat & Mint Cooler

As some of you know we have a beautiful huge evergreen tree in our backyard. This fruit was very new to us when we moved in to this house two years back. It is called Loquat. Being from Mumbai, I had no idea about this fruit. I would say it is some what like amla or gooseberry when raw and the ripe one is like Kamrak or Star fruit. It is more on a sour side with slight sweetish tinge.

Looks like loquat is very popular in northern parts of India. While asking for suggestions from a Facebook community,  someone suggested I make a drink using sugar and chilled water. So here is my trial with very simple ingredients, and we loved it. I would love to call this loquat panna but in panna, the fruit is cooked, So I will try cooking loquat to make panna and will post in my next recipe.

Click on the picture below to check out my other loquat recipes.

Loquat Murabba
http://shitals-kitchen.blogspot.com/2016/06/loquat-murabba.html

Punjabi style Loquat Pickle
http://shitals-kitchen.blogspot.com/2016/05/loquat-pickle.html

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped and peeled loquats
2 tbsp. sugar (add more if you like it sweater)
3-4 mint leaves
1 tsp. rock salt
500 mL chilled water
  • Wash, peel, and cut loquats.
  • Add sugar and mint leaves and blend well.
  • Add chilled water and rock salt to the loquat puree.
  • Serve!

Wash, peel, and cut loquats.
Add sugar and mint leaves and blend well.

Add chilled water and rock salt to the loquat puree.





Perfect Spring & Summer Drink!!

No comments:

Post a Comment