Shital's-Kitchen: Indian Mango Jam

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Indian Mango Jam


As the ripe mango season comes to an end in India, it is time to preserve their taste and freshness to be enjoyed for some more time. This reminded me of my childhood ripe mango pickle that my mom made for me. In Gujarati we call it Morabbo.

I made this for the first time ever, and Eureka! I was so nostalgic and happy! As a child I would roll this ripe mango pickle, jam in leftover roti/chapati and enjoy sweet wrap with mango bites. Yum Yum!

So here is the recipe to make this goodness:
Boil 2 cups of sugar with 1 cup water for 5 minutes.



Peel and chop 3 ripe sweet mangoes into bite size pieces.



Add a cinnamon stick, few cloves and cardamom seeds to boiling syrup.




Add chopped mangoes and pinch of saffron for color and flavor.






Simmer for 8-10 minutes.


Cool and store in a jar in the refrigerator.



I was thinking what else could I enjoy this sweet mango bite,
So here you go: great with salty crackers, multigrain biscuits, wafers, over pancakes, cornbread,
n more....






I just couldn't wait to take a bit ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment