On my first try itself, it looked so pretty and dainty. I was in love with this style. And it was a pleasant surprise for my husband. It is normally he who brings me flowers, especially roses, but as soon as he entered the house through the garage into the kitchen, I offered him this rose. At first I wasn't sure if he would make out the shape of it, but his immediate reaction was "WOW, Rose!!" I aced it. Happy Happy Me!! :)
You can either use store bought wrappers or roll wrappers at home. Check out my recipes below:
Hand rolled wrappers
Whole wheat wrappers
Ingredients: (Makes 13 rose shaped dumplings)
1 packet round dumpling wrappers (containe50-52 thin round wrappers)
2 tbsp. oil
1 large onion
4-5 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
1 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1 cup finely chopped cabbage
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vinegar
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add minced or finely chopped onions, garlic, and ginger. Saute well till they are soft.
- Add minced or finely chopped carrots and bell pepper.
- Add finely chopped cabbage.
- Add salt and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes till there is no moisture left in the pan.
- Add vinegar. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it aside to cool. Dumplings get sticky and soggy if the filling is not cooled well.
- Line 4 wrappers overlapping slightly
- Fill around 1-1+1/2 tbsp. filling in the center.
- With a brush apply water onto the sides of the wrappers.
- Fold the wrapper into half.
- Starting from left the right roll the stuffed wrapper and seal the end to form a rose.
Line all roses in greased steamer and steam for 5-7 minutes or till done.
Serve with spicy dip :)
Line 4 wrappers overlapping slightly
Fill around 1-1+1/2 tbsp. filling in the center.
With a brush apply water onto the sides of the wrappers.
Fold the wrapper into half.
Starting from left the right roll the stuffed wrapper and seal the end to form a rose.
Enjoy Rose Shaped Dumplings!!