Shital's-Kitchen: Fruit Salad

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fruit Salad

Yesterday, we had our family over for Ganesh Arti. We sang some bhajans (songs in praise of Lord), and I sang the one I have been listening and humming since childhood, my mom's favorite Ganesh Bhajan. :) Snehanshu's aunt and uncle filled the evening with deotional music. Snehanshu's aunt/mami is not only a wonderful singer but also makes delicious Coconut Barfi (coconut milk cake). I will share her recipe here soon :) While we had her wonderful Indian sweet to offer Lord Ganesha, I thought of making something simple and that would work as a dessert too, Fruit Salad!

Just like my mom would make, gluten free, without adding custard powder to it, I made this delicious fruit salad with variety and colorful fruits.

Blend 2 1/2 ripe bananas with 3 cups of milk and few cardamom seeds and sugar.




You could reduce the number of bananas to make it less thicker.

Add variety of chopped fruits. Apples, banana, grapes, strawberries, chikoo, orange.








Chill and serve! I love my cute serving spoon with these little bells that make a soft sound while I serve :)

Since I added more bananas to the milk,  it oxidised while it was chilling in the refrigerator. If you like your fruit salad not changing color, just blend around 1-1 1/2 banana with milk.
Jai Ganesh Deva!

No comments:

Post a Comment