Shital's-Kitchen: Strawberry Kaju Katli

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Strawberry Kaju Katli

Kaju Katli, a cashewnut sweet is something that I make every year. But,  I wanted to try this with a different flavor this time. What better than strawberry??? If you remember strawberry jam I made maybe 2 months ago with hand picked strawberries, I used that today to flavor this popular cashewnut sweet! YUM YUM!

At first Snehanshu was not very sure about what this sweet would turn into. In fact, he was not at all happy about the idea while I was making it. Later, as he tasted it, he just did not stop eating it and talking about how well the flavors blended! HAPPY HAPPY ME!!

Here is my cheese grater I use to grate (powder) cashews. You could pulse cashews in your mixer to form a powder.



I used 1/3 cup homemade strawberry jam (check out the recipe). This was without any preservative or pectin of gelatin. Just strawberry puree and sugar.

Heat homemade jam. Or use strawberry syrup. Heat for 4-5 minutes. Bring it to boil and simmer till it thickens.
You could try sugar and strawberry puree instead of jam.


Add 1 cup cashew powder. Mix well for 3-4 minutes while it leaves the sides of the pan and turns into a dough. Add 2-3 drops of ghee for sheen.






Here is my clean, greased counter and a greased rolling pin.

Put the well cooked strawberry and cashew mixture.

Grease the bottom of a flat bowl to press and spread the mixture.



Now use a rolling pin to flatten and this it.



Apply silver foil or Varakh  (optional).




Use a pizza cutter to cut into diamond shaped pieces.





Cool and remove gently.




Morya, Morya, Ganpati Bappa Morya!

No comments:

Post a Comment