Shital's-Kitchen: Burnt Garlic Noodles with Bean Sprouts

Friday, August 29, 2014

Burnt Garlic Noodles with Bean Sprouts

Oh my!! I could slurp them all. I feel there is so much of activity and motor skills required to eat a bowl of noodles, that it makes dinner so much fun. Yes, I just love noodles!!

Like I said in my last post, Inchin's Bamboo Garden is our favorite restaurant for Indo-Chinese meals, and we do make it a point to order their vegetarian noodles. While we were there a month back, I just found out that they market their noodles and sauces too. That was interesting. Although I did not buy their sauces, I bought a pack of noodles. I would usually use Ching's Hakka Noodles from Indian grocery store, but this time wanted to try something new. What I like about Inchin's Noodles apart from taste is that they have small portions of noodles bundled together. This means I can just use as many or little as I need. :) You can use 2 bundles per person and calculate according to your family needs.

Bring water to boil. Add salt and add noodles. Boil for 3-4 minutes or till they are cooked. Strain water and pour cold tap water over the noodles to stop the coking process and to prevent noodles from getting tender and mushy. Add a tsp. of oil to prevent them from sticking.




In a wok, heat 2 tbsp. of oil. Add 2 tbsps. minced garlic. Add 4-5 dry red chillies for spice. Fry well. Add 1/2 cup sliced onions, 1/4 cup bell pepper julienne. Add 1/4 cup beans and carrots each. Saute veggies for 4-5 minutes till they are partially cooked but yet maintain their color and texture.






Add salt, pepper powder and 1 tbsp. vinegar.

Add boiled noodles. If noodles stick to one another, simple rinse them in cold water and then add them to the veggies.

Toss them well and cook for 4-5 minutes.


My new chopstick tongs...so cool!! Bought these from an Asian store.

Time for taste test :)
Add salt and vinegar if needed.

Remove in a serving plate and garnish with lots of fresh bean sprouts. Just mix before eating. This would keep bean sprouts fresh and crisp.

Serve with soy sauce and spicy homemade schezwan sauce. 
That is how I like it!!



Slurp Slurp... Crunch Crunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment