Shital's-Kitchen: Wontons

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wontons

Updated recipe with new pictures: March 11th, 2017. Wontons are our favorite appetizers. They are quick and easy to make. In 2005, I first learned to fold wonton wrappers. It was that time when I bought my first pair of chopsticks in India and researched on how to hold them correctly and use them right. It was indeed an experience. :)

This is one of my very early recipes on my blog from 2010. There is also a video of me explaining and making Wontons. Ever since, I have made these several times... potlucks, parties, steamed wontons, or wonton soup, and it has always been very popular. Today, March 11, 2017, I am updating my recipe with new pictures. We had a lazy Saturday today watching a Bollywood movie at home, and these Wontons were a perfect snack/dinner for a lazy weekend.

Ingredients:

1 cup spring onion sliced
2-3 mined garlic
1/2 inch minced ginger
1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1 cup finely chopped cabbage
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
2-3 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. sesame seeds
Wonton wrappers
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. vinegar
  • Heat oil in a pan, Fry sesame seeds. Saute onions, garlic and ginger for 3-4 minutes.
  • Saute bell pepper and carrots for 3-4 minutes.
  • Add cabbage and mix well.
  • Add salt and vinegar to the veggies and cook till the moisture disappears.
  • Let the mixture cool before folding wontons.
  • Check out the pictures and a video below to fold bite size wontons.
  • Fry in oil or steam in a bamboo steamer for 5-7 minutes.

Here is the video of folding Wontons.

Here is step-by-step pictorial recipe:







http://shitals-kitchen.blogspot.com/2010/08/schezwan-sauce.html

Enjoy!!


1 comment: